To provide recommendations to the Board on matters relating to Board Governancee.
Anne Peterson (Chair)
Christine Antler (Vice-Chair, effective November 20, 2020)
David Pavan (staff resource)
Claire Ishoy (Vice-Chair, until November 20, 2020)
Number of Meetings: 1 teleconference, 6 videoconferences
Accomplishments of the Year
- Refined the applicant evaluation form for the annual committee appointments
- Shared our committee member appointment process and applicant evaluation form with the College of Dental Surgeons of BC as requested
- Formalized the Board Chair and Vice-Chair election process by developing questions to pose to Board Chair and Vice-Chair candidates and discussing about desired candidate attributes
- Reviewed Board meeting evaluation survey results and implemented process changes as suggested
- Made amendments to Board Reference and Policies
Goals for Next Fiscal Year:
- Finalize the Board competency matrix
- Review Board policies and manuals and recommend revisions to these documents.
- Review and make recommendations regarding Board member orientation and ongoing development.
- Review and make recommendations on policies and practices related to the recruitment, election and/or appointment of Board and committee members.
- Provide advice and guidance on Board evaluations, including Board meeting evaluations and Board member evaluations.
- Assess and make recommendations regarding the governance-related needs of the Board.
- Continue to review committee TOR and update as needed.