To review, develop and recommend the standards, limits and conditions under which a registrant may administer a drug or substance to patients and to maintain patient safety and public protection with respect to authorized pharmacist’s administration of injections to patients or administration of drugs by intranasal route to patients.
Wilson Tsui (Chair)
Bing Wang (Vice-Chair)
Doreen Leong (staff resource)
Number of Meetings: 2
Accomplishments of the Year
- Developed a discussion paper on Pharmacists and Injection Authority: Current state, trends and considerations for the College Drug Administration Committee.
- Developed a Policy Issue Paper on Pharmacists and Injection Authority: Cross-Jurisdictional Review of Canadian Pharmacy Regulatory Authorities and Considerations for the College’s Drug Administration Committee.
- Presented to the Board at the February 2019 meeting, recommendations to remove the restrictions on drug administration by injection and intranasal route.
Goals for Next Fiscal Year
- Remove the restrictions on drug administration by injection and intranasal route.
- Draft revised Standards, Limits and Conditions related to drug administration by injection and intranasal route for approval at September 2019 Board meeting for public posting.